Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken is a delicious easy to make meal. The chicken is roasted to perfection with fresh thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, and lemon. The chicken is so juicy and flavorful. You can pair this dish with salad, veggies, mash potatoes, rice, or your favorite side dish.
Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken is an easy to make meal for those days that are full of work, activities, but are in need of a delicious homemade meal. The herbs and the lemons offer the most delicious flavors.
For this recipe I used lemons from my friend’s tree. They were juicy and perfect. I love home grown produce, always so fresh and tasty. Knowing my love for fresh produce my friend gave me a bag of her delicious home grown lemons, which inspired me to make this recipe. A good place to find very fresh produce is the farmers market. I always recommend to everyone to go to their local farmers market for produce. It will change your life! I know it sounds dramatic, but honestly it tastes completely different.
How to make Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
To make the recipe you will need chicken, fresh herbs, lemon zest, garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper.
Once you have all the ingredients on a baking sheet, you will roast the chicken to perfection for about 45 minutes or until the inside of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Who wants easy to make Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken? Me! I am a working mom and on the weekdays I find it difficult to make complicated recipes. I prefer recipes that are easy to make. While on the weekends, it’s a different story, and I love to cook complicated recipes. But even if you’re not a working mom, everyone is busy and needs easy to make meals.
Now, back to our juicy delicious Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken recipe. Truth be told I am not a huge fan of chicken, I rather eat beef. But lately, I have been changing my mind and liking chicken a bit more. Recipes like this one are contributing to that change. This chicken recipe is pretty yummy-licious and I can have it any day of the week. Everyone in my family loves it and I think you will too.
Finally, some blog noteworthy news, I am currently working on creating and testing easy to make meals that I can share with you. I think we can all use easy to make recipes, especially easy to make recipes that don’t compromise flavor. If you know me, you will know I am all about making tasty meals. So, I hope you will join me on this journey.
Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs & legs
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest grated
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pat chicken dry, place chicken in a large ziploc bag, add two tablespoons of oil, add salt and pepper, close the bag, and mix well.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, skin side up.
- Mix the fresh herbs, lemon zest, and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Slice the top of the heads of garlic and place the whole heads of garlic on the baking sheet between the chicken.
- Place the slices of lemon in between the chicken.
- Drizzle the heads of garlic with the remaining oil.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the inside of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Placing the chicken in a Ziploc bag allows you to coat the chicken better with less oil. - Do not place the lemon on top of the chicken because it will prevent the skin from getting crispy. - Any oil will work, I prefer avocado oil, but that’s my preference.