Roasted Brussels sprouts with toasted almonds are oven roasted Brussels sprouts with butter and maple syrup. Topped with toasted almonds and butter. The combination of the caramelized Brussels sprouts with the crunch of the toasted almonds is perfection.
Can you believe we are less than a week away from Thanksgiving Day? It feels like time is flying by. Before we know it, Christmas will be here. But I am all about enjoying the holidays. I love celebrating the day, spending time with my love ones, and really taking in what the holiday is about. My favorite holiday is Christmas, but retailers and advertisers have totally forgotten about Thanksgiving this year. We jumped from Halloween to Christmas. Thanksgiving needs attention and is feeling left out. So today we will give some attention to Thanksgiving.
This recipe is a perfect side for your Thanksgiving dinner or any other dinner. But since we are talking about Thanksgiving today, let’s dedicate this recipe to it. I am always curious about what other people eat for Thanksgiving. So I am always asking, I love to hear about all the different types of dishes everyone makes. From hams to lamb dishes, everyone has their own traditions. Our family on the other hand loves to make what one would call “traditional” dishes, turkey, mash potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. I wouldn’t dare to change the staples. Although, every now and then I do add a dish into the mix. This year I will be adding this delicious recipe.
This recipe is so easy to make and is bursting with yummy flavors. Definitely worth trying! I can’t emphasize how easy it is to make and you need few ingredients. Even people who usually don’t like Brussels sprouts will like this dish. I really enjoy the crunchiness that the toasted almonds brings to this dish. And the sweetness of the caramelized Brussels sprouts is divine.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Toasted Almonds
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 4 tablespoon butter salted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cups almonds sliced
- arils from a pomegranate for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. I use the defrost setting for about 1 minute. Keep checking because microwave settings vary.
- In a foil lined baking sheet toss your halved Brussels sprouts with 3 tablespoons of melted butter and maple syrup.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes. The Brussels sprouts should be caramelized.
- About five minutes before the Brussels sprouts are done, toast the sliced almonds in a pan, once they are toasted put 1 tablespoon of butter and melt. Remove from the heat.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are roasted put them in a mixing bowl and toss in the toasted almond mixture. Garnish with arils from pomegranate and serve.