Vine Roasted Tomatoes are roasted slowly with garlic, avocado oil, and basil. Served on top of toast, roasted garlic basil ricotta spread, and drizzled with balsamic glazed, it is too die for. The slow roasting method really brings out the beautiful flavors of the tomatoes and garlic.
Vine Roasted Tomatoes are roasted slowly with garlic, avocado oil, and basil. Served on top of toast, basil ricotta spread, and drizzled with balsamic glazed, it is too die for. The slow roasting method really brings out the beautiful flavors of the tomatoes and garlic. When you roast the tomatoes slowly it allows for the sweetest to really pop. The taste of roasted garlic as you know is always amazing. Who doesn’t love roasted garlic? If you don’t, please don’t speak and forever keep your peace.
Look at these Vine Roasted Tomatoes! What’s not to love?
Now, let’s talk about the divine roasted garlic ricotta spread. This is such a versatile spread and you can also use it with other toppings on top of toast.
I highly recommend you try this recipe. It’s so easy to assemble and it’s very filling. You can serve it as a side dish or entree. Our family ate it as an entree. You can also serve it with pasta instead of toast. I will be posting the pasta recipe soon. If you happen to find these beauties at your local grocery store or farmers market give them a try, they won’t disappoint. If you have leftovers you can definitely eat it the next day, just make sure you keep your items separated.
Vined Roasted Tomatoes on Toast
- 18 oz. tomatoes strawberry vined
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbl Avocado Oil
- 7 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 basil leaves chopped
- 6 slices bread (ciabatta, french, batard, or your favorite bread)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 4 basil leaves chiffonade
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet place the cleaned strawberry vined tomatoes, garlic cloves (not peeled), basil and avocado oil. Make sure you coat the tomatoes and garlic with the avocado oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the oven is heated place the cast iron skillet and roast for 45 minutes. You will use the roasted garlic for the ricotta spread.
- Roasted Garlic Basil Ricotta SpreadIn a bowl mix the ricotta cheese, basil and roasted garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. For the garlic you will use the garlic you roasted with the tomatoes, let it cook a bit, and carefully press on the bottom of a clove to squeeze the garlic out.
- For the toast, you can just toast it in a toaster or if you feel ambitious spread some butter and toast on a pan. The latter is the best result.
- To assemble: spread the roasted garlic basil ricotta spread on toast, then place the vined roasted tomatoes on top, and garnish with basil chiffonade and balsamic glaze.