Strawberry Cream Filled Crepes are like a very thin pancake filled with a yummy cream filling and topped with strawberry topping. They can be served for breakfast or dessert. They are easy to make and yummy to eat.
Strawberry Cream Filled Crepes are like a very thin pancake filled with a yummy cream filling and topped with strawberry topping. They can be served for breakfast or dessert. They are easy to make and yummy to eat. Crepes can also be a savory dish. It depends on the toppings and filling you use. I prefer sweet crepes, but is just my preference.
I remember the first time I tried crepes, it was at a chain restaurant. I was so torn between the savory dishes and the yummy strawberry cream filled crepes. After minutes of pondering, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try the crepes. And oh boy! I loved them. I still to this day forgo the eggs over the crepes. About a year ago we went to an establishment where they served yummy crepes, but I was really craving eggs and bacon/sausage. I couldn’t decide and decided to let the waiter decide for me. When I told him my predicament, he said I could have both. Yes, both! They did a smaller serving of the crepes. I was so happy I got to have the best of both worlds.
I know most people love pancakes, but if you ever need something different you should give these crepes a try. They won’t disappoint. I did these crepes with strawberries, but you can use Nutella, chocolate, caramel, or other fruits. If you look at the strawberries below you will know why I used strawberries. They are beautiful!
I have a confession to make, I feel like you guys need to know… I am not a chocolate fan! Yes, there I said it. I don’t really like chocolate. I may lose some friends because of this, but for all the chocolate lovers out there. This is a good thing, more chocolate for you guys. I will eat some chocolate items like Oreos, but then again who doesn’t like Oreos.
Now back to these yummy delicacies. You need to try them. They are not only yummy to eat, but they look pretty.
Strawberry Cream Filled Crepes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup flour
- 3 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of powder sugar
- 1 ½ frozen strawberries
- ½ sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. I use the defrost setting for about 2 minutes. This method allows for the butter to melt, but not get too hot. You want to do this step first to allow it to cool down before using it.
- Pour the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk into the bowl with the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour slowly until the mixture is mixed thoroughly. Once the mixture is combined pour in the cool melted butter. The butter must be cool, otherwise it will cook the mixture. Set the mixture aside and make your filling.
- In another mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, and powder sugar. Mix the mixture until it’s well combined. This will be the filling for the crepes.
- For the topping, in a sauce pan combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook under medium heat and continually stir the mixture, once the strawberries have defrosted smash them with a spoon. This will allow the strawberry juices to release and thicken the sauce. Once you have smash the strawberries, boil for a couple of minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Brush a non-stick skillet with butter. Over medium heat allow the butter to heat. Add about 4 tablespoons of batter to the pan, swirl and tilt the pan until the batter coats the pan. Cook the batter until its golden brown, about one minute. With a spatula flip the crepe and cook the other side until it browns. Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat.
- Fill the crepes with the cream filling, pour the strawberry topping on top, and serve.