Easy to make and fun to eat beef tacos for taco Tuesdays, packed with delicious flavors. It’s a great go-to weeknight meal, especially on Taco Tuesday nights.
My husband is a huge fan of fast-food establishment tacos. He loves their crunchy beef tacos. I on the other hand would take a homemade taco over fast-food place any day. What I love about these beef tacos for Taco Tuesdays is the ground beef and the delicious spices. You can really taste the meat and also the wonderful spices. I wonder why I had not tried to make these at home, considering how much he loves them.
The other day I saw him eating the typical beef taco with the crunchy shell and decided that I needed to come up with a great recipe for him. At first, he was skeptical and did not think that it could be done. After all, those fast-food places are the “experts”. To his surprise this recipe blew the other tacos out of the water (his words).
I love how easy they are to make and you can have dinner done so quickly. I made these on a Tuesday for “taco Tuesday night”. I feel like tacos always taste better on “taco Tuesday”, but these beef tacos for taco Tuesdays will taste great every day. Even my little ones love them.
You can also make a salad or a tostada using this taco meat. The tostada recipe is so delicious too. I will post the tostada recipe using this recipe.
These are definitely a crowd-pleaser and you can take them for a party or a pot luck.
If you want to add a side dish, street corn is a perfect side. Here is a delicious recipe for street corn.
Here are the taco shells I used.
Crunchy Beef Tacos
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- salt to taste
- lettuce shredded
- sour cream
- tomatoes diced
- grated cheese
- red onion diced
- taco shells
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add butter/oil and ground beef. After a few minutes add the spices.
- Cook the ground beef until it’s completely browned and cooked. Drain the fat if you need to.
- Right before serving, crisp the taco shells in the oven according to package instructions.
- Serve taco shells with beef mixture, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced red onion, sour cream, and grated cheese.